Tuesday 28 August 2012

Too Talonted- Nail Art Competition Winner of The Nail Show

The launch of The Nails Show took place on Saturday 18th August 2012 at Cargo, London and saw nail lovers and nail art professionals coming together for one-day to celebrate all that is fun and fantastic about the world of nails.  One of the highlights of the event was the exciting Nail Art Competition where nail professionals battled it out under the pressure of the judging crowd and a stop-watch. Whilst the designs offered by the entrants looked amazing  it was nail artist Too Talonted who walked away the proud owner of The Nail Show trophy and given the honour of designing the logo for next years show.

Liquor & Nails caught up with TooTalonted to find out what she thought about The Nail Show and being crowned the winner of the competition.

Liquor & Nails:  How long have you been doing nail art for and how did you get started?
TooTalonted:      I've been doing nail art for almost 3 years now!  It all started when I was bored one day and watched a few nail art videos on YouTube.  Once I saw the nail art and how it was done I thought it looked pretty easy and couldn't wait to try it out - so I did and I got a lot of good comments so I immediately  started searching nail art on google and soon found loads on tumblr but mainly from nail techs in Japan or the USA so I was quite chuffed when I found out about a year later while sitting at a computer in a boring lesson that there were also nail artists in the UK such as ; Wah Nails , The Illustrated Nail and Sophy Robson


Liquor & Nails:   How did you come up with the winning design for the Nail Art competition?
TooTalonted:  For the competition I was planning to do quite a coordinated and simple set of nails but soon thought I should just do the sort of designs I do on my own nails and be myself (loud , colourful and exciting!) so that's exactly what I did more or less. I also planned the design for a few days but when it came to those nerve-racking minutes I began free-styling.   The overall designs I came up with we're more or less inspired by clothing and also a few nail artists e.g. Spifster , Boom Nails and Nails by Regina etc.

            Too Talonted's Planned Design for the competition

                                Too Talonted's Winning Design
Liquor & Nails:   What was it like for you taking part in the competition?

TooTalonted:  Overall the competition was great and very nerve-racking , I naturally have quite shaky hands (too much coffee) but I can usually control them when I'm doing nails but on the day my hands were shaking up controllable so how I even managed to create something fairly coherent is beyond me as this was the first proper nail art competition I've entered!



Liquor & Nails:  How important do you think shows such as The Nail Show are within the Nail industry?
TooTalonted:  Very! I always try to encourage others like myself who are obsessed with nails to go to these sorts of events as you'll be surprised by how much you learn from experts.   Moreover , ever since I went to 'now we do shellac' in the sasson gallery in 2011 I've been obsessed with attending nail related events from Nailphilia to Professional beauty to Olympia beauty (nailolympics) to The Nails Show .  In order to make sure you know everything and anything about nails it's important that you try to attend these events even if they focus mainly on beauty in general as it’s really easy to pick up tips and tricks from experts and even gain inspiration from the many professional nail competitions going on.

     Here are some moble phone cases also designed by TooTalonted
                                              Buy online TooTalonted Mobile Phone Cases
Too Talonted  Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment